Yarn Safety

Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Yarns and other Crochet topics.

Yarn Safety

It's hard to think of a ball of yarn as a dangerous object, but it can be for pets and small children, both of whom love to put things in their mouths! Ingested yarn can act like a saw in the intestines, cutting back and forth as it moves around, or can create a blockage that only painful and expensive surgery can fix. So, keep yarn (and the plastic bag that you brought it home in) away from curious little ones and see our tips for some ideas on how to store your yarn safely.



Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.


URL: (optional)


Not finding the advice and tips you need on this Crochet Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!

Guru Spotlight
Phyllis Serbes